
One of the challenges that we have faced since the activation is that of keeping the implant on Jiya's head. Initially we kept the ears on using the litewear case. But one tug at the cable and the processor would be in her hands. Car seat was difficult. One brush against the back of the carseat and the coils would be off.
We found a cheap and easier way to keep the processor and coil on. I cut out the fingers from hand gloves and kept the processors in them and attached it to her back with safety pins. I can also coordinate the colors of the holder to match her clothes. To keep the coil on, we use the taupe tape (can be found at most beauty supply stores).
Most times we also have her wear some sort of cap or a cotton bonnet so that she cant pull them off. The good news is that as she has gotten used to the implant, she's been pulling it off less often.
Oh well....but shes smart enough to know that in order to get all the adults at home to follow her and get immediate attention all she has to do is pull off the implant...:-)


4 comments:
What a beautiful little girl you have! Looks like you are not that far ahead of us on the CI journey, we get activated Feb 11 Yay! I'm worried about him keeping his coils on I guess we will have to invest in some toupee tape too. I also hear that there is ear gear you can buy to help secure it onto their clothing, but I like the idea of cutting the gloves too. So much to learn!! I look forward to hearing about her journey :)
"Clipping off the fingers of a glove.."
BIG de-ja vu from our side...
We've been doing it like that since Lotte got her CI in Nov 2004.
Have a look here to see Lotte (still) wearing the BTE on the shoulder... It's great for the child, AND for the parent...
http://lotte-sofie.blogspot.com/2007/07/bte-or-bodyworn.html
Or here to see all posts related t BTE-pouches. :-)
http://lotte-sofie.blogspot.com/search/label/BTE%20Pouches
Post a Comment